Stress is a common enemy of the body, it compounds and builds up over time and begins to affect other processes in the body, mind, and overall sense of well-being. When the body is stressed, muscles tense up. This is the body’s way of guarding against pain. Unfortunately too much stress starts to manifest in the body’s muscles, leaving it susceptible to further health issues as a result.
In today’s hustling fast-paces modern living, it is almost mandatory to find a way to deal with muscular stress (as well as mind and other processes). There are many relaxation techniques available which have been proven to be effective in reducing muscle tension, and in decreasing any incident of other stress-related disorders.
Think about adding a back massager to your relaxation routine.
Massage equipment can vary from therapeutic heated pillows, to massage chairs, to handheld devices of all kinds. It can be difficult to assess which one you need for your body stress. Are you a chair person who could benefit from a quality massage after a tedious day, or do you need a portable back massager to take on the run? Or maybe you only need a back massager that will drape over a chair, for quick relief.
What to look for in a back massager
You are going to notice a plethora of different kinds of back massagers on the market. Anything and everything you can think of, you will find. However, this does not mean they are of good quality or even work on your back. Certain attributes for a back massager must be considered before jumping to the first one you see. Consider the following factors:
Functions: Each massager provides back relief using a specific design and method. Shiatsu is the most popular based on a pressure-kneading technique for your tightest muscle areas. For those suffering from long term stress, this type is the most beneficial. Vibrating back massagers are designed to gently work on your muscles by means of a noninvasive buzzing action. While they don’t address deep muscle pains, they are good for sore areas. The best back massagers will offer combinations of both, and even extra functions that you may see in full on massage chairs, for instance, heat. Heat can be a life saver for those with injuries and chronic pain.
Another key point in functions for the best back massager is finding out if there are various modes or programs available, for instance, intensity controls for when you only need a light massage.
Area: While all massagers advertise for full body use, if you want a back massager focus, then be sure to find the identifying functions (like some mentioned above) and be sure to read reviews Some massagers are made specifically for your back, and some focus solely on your neck. There are combination back and neck massagers for extra versatility. You can also get full-body massagers that you can lie on, put on your car seat or drape over a chair.
Size and Quality: This is a consideration of personal preference depending on whether or not you plan on portability options. While some will fit snug in a back pack and others you will have to fold for transport, this is basically up to your needs. As said before, there are many varieties and models of back massagers on the market today. Quality is going to be a difficult area to assess unless you have the opportunity to try before you buy. You really want to know if this advertised back massager is designed to actually tackle sore muscles, and help to alleviate pain.
We are going to show you a variety of different types of back massagers to give you an idea of just how many ways there are to deal with back, neck, and overall pain.
One of our favorites and a pretty new product on the market is the Heated Shiatsu Massager Belt. This nice product fits the bill in so many areas considered vital for a great massage. It is portable, it is heated, and it does provide deep tissue shiatsu massage.
This is what you are going to experience with this great product:
- 4 Shiatsu Massage Nodes: Deep massage capabilities which will target hard to reach areas. With 4 massage nodes, you will experience relief with the bi-directional movement.
- 2 Direction Massage Functionality: Bi-directional movement unlike massagers which just tap or vibrate.
- Deep Tissue Capability: The traditional Shiatsu massage experience
- Selectable (ON/OFF) Heat: loosens and warms sore muscles, enhancing massage results and therapeutic value.
- Multi –function capability: target your neck, waist, shoulders, or back
- Multi-Use Function: is portable and comes with an AC Adapter And Car Adapter 15 Minute Auto Shutoff
If you have ever had a visit to a chiropractor, then you may be familiar with this gadget. Well, now because of its therapeutic effectiveness, it is available to consumers at an easy cost. If you have never had one of these electrotherapy devices take on your back pain, consider it now. The results are amazing, and remain for a long time.
This is what you can expect from the HealthmateForever Electrotherapy massager:
- State of the art technology: this muscle stimulator is designed for easy to use and read LCD screen and custom made buttons for personal preferences. It will show you at a glance exactly what you need for your targeted pain area, such as ‘knead, acupuncture, cupping, tapping, scraping and random’. It is fully automatic, and will show time left on the cycle.
- Multiple Features: Uses TENS electrotherapy unit with 15 modes and 4 outputs, along with 20 adjustable intensity and frequency to reduce pain via nerve stimulation and muscle stimulation.
- Timer: There is an auto shut off, with a default shut off at 80 minutes. With adjustable intensity levels, you can also increase frequency of mode or speed. There are 9 auto stimulations programs which are adjustable as well.
This little device packs a powerful new source of therapy. It relieves many back conditions and provides a soothing balance to tight muscles. If you are under a physician’s care, check with your doctor to see if your condition can benefit from this product.
The Shiatsu Deep Kneading Massage pillow is something everyone should have in their home. They are portable, effective, and provide a multitude of benefits. They are perfect for getting the utmost relaxation and pain relief.
Here are the advantages to keeping one of these on hand:
- Heat: Heat is an important consideration in loosening up stiff and sore muscles, and not all back massagers are going to carry this option.
- Deep tissue massage: The four rotating massage nodes mimic massage therapist hands, with a deep kneading into tissues and muscles. Those stiff knots, the tension, and painful aches are soon gone with the combination of heat and deep massage.
- Flexible Position: This massage pillow allows flexibility in how you want to position it to reach targeted areas. The intensity can be increased or decreased depending on how much pressure you put on the pillow. It comes with a stretchy strap for attaching to a chair.
- Corded hand control: you can customize your experience by switching between clockwise or counter-clockwise intensity.
While there is an over-abundance of back massagers available on the market today, only the best back massagers will do the job well. We have listed our favorite three, but still one remains an ‘honorable mention’ as so many people carry one and swear by the product’s value.
In alternative medicine and in massage therapy, heated stones are a frequent tool for healing. This didn’t go unnoticed when designers took the ‘hot stone’ idea and ran with it. The Synergy Hot Stone massage tool is the end effect of a great therapy concept.
This ingenious tool takes a ‘wave’ design combined with a smooth texture which is heated either 60-90 seconds in a microwave or in hot water then applied to the body to work out deep muscle sculpting and muscle strains. It is highly flexible, portable and one of the most advanced massage tools on the market today.
Here are a few key points about this innovative new massage tool:
- Patented WAVE design works over every area of the body with ease.
- Best for anyone wanting the benefits of both relaxing and therapeutic Hot Stone Massage.
- Smooth yet surface grip allows you stay in control against the skin with oils.
- Blends Hot Stone Relaxation and Therapeutic Massage benefits.
- Perform gentle to deep pressure without repetitive strain.
- Gets HOT in the Microwave, between heating pads or in hot water.
- Massage COLD if wanted, from a fridge, freezer or ice water.
- Held with two hands or one, easy to give warm, soothing massage.
- Makes massage easier by doing the work of your hands and fingers for you.
Statistics show that about 80 percent of adults have had a problem with back pain at some point in their lives. More than half surveyed said the pain severely limited their mobility and their daily routine whether it was only a week or continuously. 88 percent said the back pain recurred during the whole year. Over 46 percent reported back pain to interfere with their sleep most of the time.
Lower-back pain disrupts many areas of our lives. Stress, unhealthy weights, and lack of exercise can also aggravate the back. Back massagers can help alleviate some of the symptoms that go along with back pain. Tight knots, stiff muscles, soreness, and many other issues can be soothed by a back massager.
The factor is to find the appropriate one for your needs. As we have mentioned what we consider to be the top 3 best back massagers, more will advance the market. For chronic sufferers of back and muscle problems, at least one should be in the home, it will make life just a little bit easier, if not more doable, and more relaxing.
Always check with your doctor first for his advice and recommendations.